Consumer and Trading Standards Law and Practice 3ed
Consumer and Trading Standards: Law and Practice is an authoritative and comprehensive guide for everyone involved in consumer and trading standards law. This book covers the full range of the work undertaken by consumer lawyers and trading standards officers in local authorities.
This user friendly text provides a clear and exhaustive analysis of the law including case law and its application, wording of the statutory provision, plus authoritative commentary and analysis of the practical issues.
This new edition, formerly known as Trading Standards: Law and Practice, will cover all recent developments in consumer and trading standards law with informed commentary on new legislation and case law including:
- The new consumer landscape: the abolition of the OFT and the creation of the new National Trading Standards Board to empower local authorities to enforce on a national basis. The transfer of OFT functions to the Financial Conduct Authority and the new institutions responsible for consumer education and enforcement
- An emphasis on European Union law with a new chapter on European consumer law and its interpretation
- A new chapter on unfair terms, dealing with the Unfair Terms Directive and Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations
- A swathe of new European consumer regulation
- A brand new chapter on consumer credit covering civil enforcement
- A new chapter on fraud and money laundering
- A radical overhaul of unfair commercial practices with new European authorities and developing case law
- A complete update of all fifteen areas covered
- Extended coverage to include Northern Ireland