1 - Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or to be gathered by Avizandum.com is controlled primarily by Avizandum Law Bookshop, 56A Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2QE.
2 - Collection and Use of Personal Information About Customers
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Avizandum.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
3 - Information that we gather
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Avizandum.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously.
- Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
4 - Cookies
Cookies are small programs that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Avizandum.com's features and we recommend that you leave them turned on. If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
5 - Sharing Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell it to others. Avizandum.com shares customer information only as described below.
- Third Parties: we do not share customer information with third parties.
- Agents: we may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
- Promotional offers: we may send offers to selected groups of Avizandum.com customers. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Preferences.
- Business transfers: as we continue to develop our business, we might buy new shops or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Avizandum.com and its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Legal Requirements: we release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, or to enforce or apply our Conditions of Use of Avizandum.com. This might include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. This does not include selling, renting, sharing or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes.
- Your consent: other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the UK's Data Protection Act.
6 - Information Security
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using security software and systems that encrypt information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information - this means that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
7 - Access to Information
Avizandum.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Avizandum.com. through your account on the website.
8 - Revisions to Privacy and Conditions of Use Notices
If you choose to visit Avizandum.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Conditions of Use notice. If you have any concern about privacy at Avizandum.com please contact us describing your concerns and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also - you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
9 - Examples of Information
Information You Give Us
You provide most of such information when you search, buy, post, or communicate with customer services. For example, you provide information when you search for a product, place an order through Avizandum.com, provide information in Your Account, communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone number, your credit card information, details of people to whom purchases have been shipped (including address and phone number) and financial information.
Examples of the automatic information we collect and analyse include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login, e-mail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, purchase history, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to, through and from our website (including date and time), cookie number, products you viewed or searched for and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers (which we use to correct our records), account information, purchase or redemption information and credit history information from credit bureaux, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.