ICC Guide to Export-Import: Global Standards for International Trade
The ICC Guide to Export/Import is the world's most authoritative handbook for international trade practice. Now in its 4th edition, this Guide has introduced a generation of international trade professionals to the essential rules and standard practices of the export import trade.
Developed in consultation with top experts at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Guide to Export Import provides a concise learning and reference tool for working trade professionals as well as students.
This thoroughly-revised and expanded 4th edition includes up-to-date coverage of such crucial topics as:-
- Incoterms 2010 - Which lncoterms rules are currently valid and which have been ruled obsolete? Which lncoterms are used for general transport and which for maritime transport?
- Export Contracts - Which documents are used to create and fulfill an export import contract? How do you properly use a proforma invoice, purchase order, bill of lading, letter of credit, etc.?
- ispute Resolution and ADR - What is the difference between international litigation and international commercial arbitration? How do parties agree to arbitration under the ICC Court of International Arbitration (lCA)? What are the procedures at the ICA?
- UCP 600 - What rules apply to letters of credit? What about standby letters of credit? Demand guarantees? What special rules apply to electronic documents and electronic letters of credit?
- International Transport - What different types of transport service providers are available for export import? What is the difference between a freight forwarder and a consolidator or NVOCC? How do you properly insure cargo for maximum coverage?
- International Business Contracts - How do you negotiate an international agency, distributorship, franchise, or trademark licensing contract? What are the ICC Model Contracts? What other international business contracts should you understand?
- E-commerce - What do exporters and importers need to know about the Internet and e-commerce?
- Intellectual Property - How do exporters and importers protect their intellectual property rights internationally?
|Publisher:||ICC Internat Chambers Commerce|