Legal Texts: Results of Uruguay Round of Multilateral Trade Negotiations
The Agreements negotiated in the Uruguay Round, which form the legal framework of the World Trade Organization, will govern world trade into the twenty-first century.
This volume covers:
• Goods: the updated General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) that includes new rules on agriculture, textiles, anti-dumping, subsidies and countervailing measures, import licensing, rules of origin, standards, and pre-shipment inspection. (The original 1947 GATT text is also included in this volume.)
• Services: the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)
• Intellectual Property: the Agreement on Trade-Related aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
• Disputes: the new procedures for dispute settlement
• The legal framework for the World Trade Organization
This is the definitive reference for all practising and academic trade lawyers. It is an essential addition to all international law libraries, a vital source book for students taking courses on international economic or trade law and an important resource for economists and political scientists.
- The complete and official texts of the WTO agreements
- Collected in one volume
- Essential for all international trade lawyers
|Publisher:||Cambridge University Press|
|Author(s)||World Trade Organisation|