CFAs & Risk Assessment in Practice
There are many risks associated with running cases on Conditional Fee Agreements.
It is not simply a matter of the risk of losing a case. This highly practical book provides practitioners with all the essential information they need to operate a successful Conditional Fee personal injury practice. It not only guides readers to a comprehensive understanding of the subject but also shows how to translate that understanding into everyday case handling and management.
* Covers all the essential requirements and principles of CFA work
* Examines insurance for CFA work and explains insurance principles
* Helps practioners identifying and calculating risk on a case-by-case basis
* Offers up-to-date coverage of the law - including discussion of recent judgments such as Halloran v. Delaney (Sept 2002)
* Combines practical, first hand experience from both the practitioner and insurer perspective
* Clear, concise and user friendly with guides, precedents and flow charts to aid understanding
A well-known author team that is second to none
Nigel Tomkins and Claire Edwards are highly regarded in the fields of Personal Injury, Insurance and Risk Assessment. Their combined expertise ensures a fresh and unique approach to both the practitioner and insurance side of CFA work.
Nigel Tomkins is an independent training and legal consultant and an Associate Professor of Civil Litigation with the College of Law. With more than 30 years' experience as a specialist personal injury lawyer, he is consultant director to and a Fellow of the College of Personal Injury Law and has a reputation as one of the UK's leading personal injury law trainers. Author of a number of works and articles, Tomkins is also the digest editor of the Journal of Personal Injury Law and is a regular broadcaster.
Claire Edwards is the Managing Director of Solicitors Services Ltd, managing agent and cover holder for the Aftersure ATE insurance product. Here previous experience includes working with the Law Society of England & Wales in bringing Accident Line Protect onto the market. She has also been a member of the Law Society's CFA Working Party and advised the LCD on ATE Insurance. Edwards has further developed products for Clinical Negligence and Group Litigation and worked with the Legal Services Commission on insurance funding options.
|Publisher:||Sweet & Maxwell|
|Author(s)||Tomkins, N and Edwards, C|