Ecclesiastical Law (4ed)
Ecclesiastical Law has established itself as the leading authority on the laws of the Church of England. Offering a uniquely detailed and scholarly exposition of the law, it has become an essential reference for anyone with a professional interest in ecclesiastical and canon law.
The fourth edition has been fully revised and updated to take account of significant changes in the substantive law, specifically:-
- the effects of the Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction and Care of Churches Measure 2017;
- the overhaul of the procedure in the Consistory Court in consequence of the Faculty Jurisdiction Rules 2015;
- substantial repeals in the Statute Law (Repeals) Measure 2017 and the new procedure under the Legislative Reform Measure 2017;
- the effect of the House of Bishops' Declaration on the Ministry of Bishops and Priests concerning provision for traditionalists;
- and the role of the Independent Reviewer under the Priests (Resolution of Disputes Procedure) Regulations 2014.
Ecclesiastical Law offers insightful commentary, thoughtful analysis, and a wealth of materials to the practitioner and student alike. Materials include: the Canons of the Church of England, together with the Measures and Rules (updated to 2018) regulating the faculty jurisdiction and clergy discipline.
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|