Mining and Minerals: A Practical Guide to the Life Cycle of a Mining Project
Minerals and mining are key to the world economy. The mining and processing of minerals are major sources of income and employment in many countries and minerals are used to make many essential goods that people and economies require worldwide.
This practical title outlines in a single volume the essential principles involved in the life of a mining project, from preliminary agreements, to the sale and purchase of minerals, and the decommissioning of mining assets. It is intended as a practical guide for anyone seeking a better understanding of key commercial and legal principles and documentation involved in finding and developing a mining project.
Co-edited by Canadian law firm Cassels Brock & Blackwell’s Darrell Podowski, a highly-ranked expert in mining law, and Jennifer Poirier, organiser of Canadian-based mining association, the Young Mining Professionals, this practical title features contributions from leading practitioners around the world.
Whether you are a lawyer in private practice or in industry, a commercial negotiator or from a financial institution or mineral resource or mining-sector advisory practice, this title will provide a comprehensive insight into minerals and mining transactions.
- Confidentiality and standstill agreements in the mining industry
- Preliminary agreements
- Option agreements in the mining industry
- Joint ventures
- Aboriginal law
- The life of a mining project: effective diagnosis of a social licence to operate
- The emerging international framework for mineral development
- Mining capital finance – traditional and alternative mechanisms
- Project finance in the mining industry
- Sale and purchase of mining projects
- Mine decommissioning and reclamation
|Publisher:||Globe Business Publishing|
|Author(s)||Podowski, DW and Poirier, J|