Todd & Watt's Cases & Materials Equity & Trusts (10ed)
In a subject heavily reliant on the specifics of case law, Cases & Materials on Equity & Trusts provides an essential reference source for students.
The tenth edition contains a diverse range of relevant and interesting cases, statutory material, academic writing, and official proposals for law reform. Where appropriate, legal materials are accompanied by non-legal literary texts with a view to making legal points more interesting and memorable.
Gary Watt continues to combine the highly-regarded, rigorous scholarship and student-focused approach established through previous editions in his expertly-selected choice of materials and commentary. Utilizing key features as tools to assist students' learning and revision, including questions, suggestions for further reading, and notes, Gary Watt threads the broad spectrum of equity case law together with his unique flair, making it an engaging and insightful companion to a course in trusts.
- A comprehensive portable library for trusts and equity students, incorporating an impressive range of relevant and interesting case law, statutory material, academic writing, and official proposals for law reform
- Structured to closely match the LLB syllabus, materials are linked with thoughtful and in-depth scholarly commentary
- Gary Watt enhances the selected extracts with materials from a diverse range of non-legal sources, making the important legal points more interesting and memorable
- Rich in pedagogical features that enhance students' ability to assimilate important key facts, including questions, suggestions for further reading, and notes
- Fully supported by an Online Resource Centre designed to consolidate students' understanding and provide a forum for self-assessment. Resources include updates to changes and developments in relevant cases, suggested answers to the questions in the book, and links to key websites to help students broaden their understanding and identify relevant wider sources
New to this Edition:
- The UK Supreme Court's decision inAIB Group (UK) plc v Mark Redler and Co Solicitors on liability for losses caused by breach of trust
- FHR European Ventures LLP v Cedar Capital Partners LLC on liability to account for unauthorised fiduciary gains
- Prest v Petrodel on resulting trust and statutory formalities
- Jetivia SA v Bilta (UK) Ltd (in liquidation) andLes Laboratories Servier & Anor v Apotex Inc on illegality and the reliance principle in resulting trusts
- R (on the application of Hodkin and another) v Registrar General of Births, Deaths and Marriages (on scientology as a religion)
- Williams v Central Bank of Nigeria on 'ancilliary' equitable liability of strangers to the trust in relation to limitation periods
- King v Chiltern Dog Rescue ondonation mortis causa
- Challinor v Juliet Bellis & Co on Quistclose trusts
- Curran v Collins,Graham-York v York andSmith v Bottomley on constructive trusts of land
- Discussion of recent legislation, such as The Inheritance and Trustees' Powers Act 2014 and the Cohabitation Rights Bill 2014-2015, and the work of relevant commissions, including The Law Commission's draft Trusts (Concealment of Interests) Bill and Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Bill 2015
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|