Todd & Wilson's Textbook on Trusts & Equity (12ed)
Now in its twelfth edition, Todd & Wilson's Textbook on Trusts & Equity continues to strike the balance between introductory and more challenging texts.
Carefully written with the student in mind, the text provides an accessible, yet intellectually stimulating, introduction to the subject. Sarah Wilson excels at writing in a clear and enthusiastic way, enlightening the more complex issues of trusts law without undue simplifications.
The book is structured to reflect the content of a typical LLB course, and offers in-depth coverage of trusts law. Students are encouraged to critically engage with the material through real-life examples, key scholarship and current contextual and theoretical perspectives, including related commercial settings. Todd & Wilson's Textbook on Trusts & Equity engages with wider considerations, drawn from trusts scholarship and beyond, to provide an analysis of the subject which is not only rounded, but also designed to be stimulating and revelatory. Rigorously revised every two years, this book can be relied upon as one of the most up-to-date trusts texts available.
- A trusted and manageable black-letter text that focuses on students' needs and reflects the coverage of the majority of trusts courses
- Clearly written and including reference to a wealth of further resources, this book succeeds in being both a highly accessible and stimulating introduction to the subject
- Offers a unique perspective on trusts in a commercial context
- An accompanying Online Resource Centre offers a range of valuable tools and information designed to promote further learning and assist with revision. Resources include essay-style questions and answer guidance to the revision questions at the end of each chapter, links to key websites, as well as summaries of selected further reading and additional material
New to this edition
- Revised and updated coverage of the beneficiary principle
- Additional revision questions have been added to each chapter and supporting answer guidance is available on the Online Resource Centre
- Discussion of Langbein's framework of trusts law is integrated across the text, including discussion of mandatory and default rules and their relationship to express trusts
- Coverage of the essential new case law, including Prest v Petrodel Ltd , Williams v Central Bank of Nigeria , FHR European Ventures v Mankarious , and FHR European Ventures & Ors v Cedar Capital Partners LLC 
- Examination of proposed reforms and emergent academic debate surrounding the Cohabitation Bill and the Hodgson Review
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|