Family Law: Text, Cases, and Materials (4ed)
Placing key judgments and expert commentary at your fingertips, Family Law: Text, Cases, and Materials presents everything the undergraduate student needs in one volume.
Drawing on their extensive experience, the authors offer a detailed and authoritative exposition of family law illustrated by materials carefully selected from a wide range of sources.
The book has two principal aims: to provide readers with a thorough understanding of the law relating to the family, and to stimulate critical reflection on that law. Readers are encouraged to consider how and why the law has developed as it has, what policies it is seeking to pursue, whether it achieves the right balance between the rights and interests of individual family members and the wider public interest, and how it operates in practice.
The text is supported by substantial online resources, which features regular updates on the law, further reading suggestions, and revision questions to accompany each chapter.
- 1: Introduction to family law
- 2: Family relationships between adults
- 3: Ending relationships: divorce and separation
- 4: Domestic violence
- 5: Financial provision for children
- 6: Financial remedies on divorce
- 7: Property and finances when non-formalized relationships end
- 8: Fundamental principles in the law relating to children
- 9: Becoming a legal parent and the consequences of legal parenthood
- 10: Parental responsibility
- 11: Private disputes over children
- 12: Child protection
- 13: Adoption
|Publisher:||Oxford University Press|
|Author(s)||Miles, J and George, R|