Housing Law Handbook (3ed)
Housing Law Handbook has firmly established itself as the essential, one stop shop resource for all those working in the housing field.
Covering all the basic aspects of housing law, it focuses on the common problems faced by advisers, from court proceedings and the tactics of running a case, to challenging decisions and seeking remedies.
There has been a large number of developments since the last edition published in 2011 and this new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated to include:
- The Localism Act amendments to the law on the local authority homelessness duty and allocation of housing
- The Care Act 2014 incorporating community care accommodation duties
- Expanded and updated section on the restrictions to migrants' access to housing. Developments since Zambrano, the changes to Home Office policy on family migration and the effect on housing rights
- Bedroom tax and benefit cap changes to housing benefit and latest case law including successful appeals.
- Anti-social Behaviour, Policing and Crime Act 2014 - the new mandatory anti-social behaviour ground for possession
- New immigration restrictions in the private sector: the so called 'right to rent'
- Coverage of all the latest case law developments
The text is structured and written in a user-friendly way so that it is an indispensable handbook for the busy housing lawyer and yet accessible to the non-specialist adviser and student of housing law.
|Publisher:||Legal Action Group|