Construction All Risks Insurance (2ed)
The second edition of Construction All Risks Insurance will be essential reading for both lawyers and insurance brokers in the field of construction insurance. Building on its reputation as the definitive reference for practitioners, and updated with respect to the Insurance Act of 2015, Construction All Risks is the go-to guide looking for answers in construction insurance.
- Covers the fundamentals of Construction All Risks Insurance from its origins to current day practice, going through the processes and pitfalls involved in CAR claims
- Contains comprehensive practical advice for those dealing with CAR insurance claims, with coverage of disputes and the application of insurance law to commercial insurances
- Explains the need for insurance and highlights particular areas for concern such as Institute Cargo Clauses and Aviation
- Examines the structure of CAR policies, giving practical advice on the drafting and construction of various clauses
- Discusses the wide range of exclusions that can apply to CAR policies and their significance, including defect and standard exclusions
- Takes into account the difficult areas of causation and co-insurance
- Includes example policy clauses and precedent materials
- Includes updates on how the Insurance Act 2015 will affect those working in the area
- Includes guidance on the claims procedure as well as marine, aviation and property risk
- Addresses issues of special concern in CAR, such as the wide range of exclusions, including standard defects exclusions, that can apply to CAR policies, extensions to cover, and co-insurance, alongside general issues such as the construction and rectification of policies, fortuity, causation, the measure of indemnity, warranties, and loss and damage
- Contains comprehensive practical advice for those dealing with CAR insurance claims, from handling coverage disputes, to claims procedure, proof and payment
- Explains the need for insurance and highlights particular areas for concern, such as marine construction, aviation and property.
|Publisher:||Sweet & Maxwell|