Freedom of Information Act Manual
This practical manual provides in-depth guidance on using the Freedom of Information Act in the "real world". It explains the Act clause by clause and shows how to use the powers it confers on a day-to-day basis.
Issues are covered from the perspectives of both organisations fielding requests under the Act and those requesting information, ensuring it is essential reference for all those coming into contact with the Act as well as their legal advisors.
* Shows how to use and comply with all parts of the Freedom of Information Act
* Goes through the Act clause by clause, explaining the legal and practical implications of each one
* Also covers the Environmental Impact Regulations 2004
* Gives practical advice on making and handling information requests
* Uses diagrams, flowcharts and worked examples to aid understanding
* Contains precedent clauses for companies wishing to protect sensitive information from disclosure
* Reproduces the full text of the Act
* Examines the first case law thrown up by the Act during 2005 and relevant overseas decisions
|Publisher:||Sweet & Maxwell|