Great Debates in Jurisprudence (2ed)
Great Debates in Jurisprudence is a clear and critical exposition of the more advanced concepts in the field, providing a cutting edge for students to gain additional insights with which to excel.
Readers are introduced to the many debates surrounding each core area and presented with the key tensions and questions underlying each topic.
- 1. The Nature of Jurisprudence
- 2. The Normativity of Law
- 3. The Rule of Recognition
- 4. The Morality of Legality
- 5. Natural Law
- 6. Adjudication and Interpretation
- 7. The Obligation to Obey the Law
- 8. Morality and Rights
- 9. Justice
- 10. The Enforcement of Morality
- 11. The Value of Studying Jurisprudence.