How to Write a Thesis (3ed)
Providing down-to-earth guidance to help students shape their theses, Rowena Murray offers valuable advice and practical tips and techniques. Useful summaries and checklists help students to stay on track or regain their way.
Moving beyond the basics of thesis writing, the book introduces practical writing techniques such as freewriting, generative writing and binge writing. Issues such as working out the criteria for your thesis, writer's block, writing a literature review and making notes into a draft are also covered.
New to this edition:
- New introduction by students - 'How I used this book'
- Update on doctoral skills set and Training Needs Analysis
- Extended treatment of plagiarism - and how to avoid it
- Expanded section on students' well-being
- Learning outcomes for each chapter
|Publisher:||Open University Press|