Professional Ethics & Practice for Scottish Solicitors (4ed)
For almost 30 years this title has provided solicitors, trainees and students with an accessible and practical guide to best professional practice and to the ethical issues involved. It covers areas of concern in day-to-day practice, including confidentiality, conflict of interest, financial regulation, discipline, solicitors’ duties to the client, the court and third parties.
The text covers recent developments in law and practice, including:
- effect of Human Rights Act 1998
- money laundering regulations
- IT in day-to-day practice
- Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000
- role and duties of solicitor advocates
Janice Webster is a solicitor, who has worked with the Law Society of Scotland, the CCBE and the Scottish Law.
|Publisher:||Avizandum Publishing Ltd|