Skills for Lawyers CLP Legal Practice Guides 2019/20
Legal practice requires not only understanding of the law but also the skills to put knowledge into practice. Using real-life examples and practical hints and tips, this text will lay the foundations of a successful career in law.
Skills for Lawyers includes a range of self-test exercises and case studies. Key areas and ethical points are highlighted to sharpen the practical edge of the book.
Skills for Lawyers also offers innovative online content with opportunities to practise each key skill within the context of core LPC subjects. The authors, experienced skills tutors and practitioners, aim to ensure that problems faced by students and trainees are comprehensively addressed. Online materials include:
- • Letters and emails illustrating common mistakes and guidance on how to avoid them
- • Guidance on how to create research trails, with examples
- • Multiple choice questions to test understanding of skills within the context of core LPC subjects, with guidance on how to apply skills to other subject areas
- • Frequently asked questions with insight from lecturers and practitioners
- • Commonly faced problems in each skills area, and advice on how to overcome them
- • Video clips demonstrating skills in practice
Writing and Drafting
Practical Legal Research
Interviewing and Advising
|Publisher:||College of Law Publishing|
|Author(s)||Elkington, A and Holtam, J|