Knowles on Local Authority Meetings: Manual of Law & Practice (8ed)
No other book covers the subject of local authority meetings in as practical or as broad a manner. Knowles provides an analysis of the framework within which local authority meetings are held, commentary on the rights and duties of members, officers and the public at meetings and guidance on the practical conduct of meetings.
Local authority law and practice continues to change at pace, and these changes are fully incorporated in the new edition of Knowles.
Amendments to the text take into account changing models of governance and evolving working practices recently adopted by local authorities, including:
- developing law and practice under The Localism Act 2011
- standing orders and the authority’s constitution
- various approaches to members’ codes of conduct
- individual decision making and the importance of the clerk’s role in quality control, the decision maker’s report and recording decisions
- the Cities and Devolution Act 2016.
Featured throughout are relevant case histories and illustrations of model documents and procedures. An extensive list of appendices providing reference to key codes, notices and regulations is also included.