Medical Negligence (5ed)
Medical Negligence provides comprehensive analysis of the potential legal liabilities of healthcare professionals as they arise from the provision of medical treatment to patients. It discusses substantive law in the area of medical negligence, and provides high-level commentary on the wide-ranging issues that have or will have impact on practice in this area.
The new 5th edition examines the latest legislative and case law developments.
- Provides thorough analysis of the tort of negligence as it applies to the provision of health care
- Offers clear, concise analysis for both generalist and specialist legal practitioners
- Discusses the liability of doctors as well as dentists, nurses and pharmacists
- Covers both the general principles of medical negligence and specific areas, such as consent to medical treatment, defective products, confidentiality and the liability of hospitals
- Provides thorough coverage of defences and limitation
- Analyses current case law and interprets applicable legislation
- Considers the impact of the Jackson reforms
- Includes a glossary of medical terms and the text of Pre-action Protocol for the Resolution of Clinical Disputes and the text of NHS Indemnity Arrangements for Clinical Negligence Claims in the NHS
- Bi-annual supplements ensure up-to-date coverage of the latest legal developments
|Publisher:||Sweet & Maxwell|