Jurisdiction and Arbitration Agreements and their Enforcement (3ed)
The new edition of this leading work offers a comprehensive treatment of jurisdiction and arbitration agreements in commercial contracts, and the enforcement of consequent judgements.
It incorporates discussion of te latest cases and changes to international conventions, alongside practical advice on the problems that can arise in this field.
- Gives detailed guidance on the validity, scope, construction and incorporation of jurisdiction and arbitration agreements into contracts
- Offers detailed advice on how to resolve problems that can arise in the enforcement of agreements
- Looks at all aspects of enforcement, from the grant of stay to injunctive and declaratory relief and an action for damages
- Contains precedents relating to anti-suit injunctions and declaratory relief
- Includes coverage of multi-tier resolution clauses
- Considers the decisions of English and European courts in this field since the previous edition
- Includes a detailed exploration of the revised Brussels I Regulation in force from December 2014, discussing its meaning and implications
- Covers precedents arising from implementation of the 2010 Lugano Convention
- Features an expanded section on interim relief granted by arbitral tribunals covering the latest jurisprudence in investment treaty arbitration
- Discusses the issues from both EU and common law perspectives, ensuring the work is relevant to those practicing in a wide range of jurisdictions
|Publisher:||Sweet & Maxwell|