Managing People in a Legal Business
With the advent of Alternative Business Structures (ABSs) expected in the near future, there is likely to be intensified competition in both the recruitment and retention of legal talent.
Managing People in a Legal Business contains invaluable guidance for law firms aiming for effectiveness and efficiency from their staff. Leading employment lawyers and management experts combine to provide comprehensive advice for both established firms and new entrants to the market.
The book examines both legal and broader managerial issues, placing both firmly in the context of the modern legal business. The book also covers:
- leadership and talent development
- employment law framework and essential polices and procedures
- internal dispute resolution options and post termination restraints
- discrimination law issues
- managing for performance, coaching and mentoring
- health and safety legislation and the management of employee health.
The book combines expert legal commentary and wider management advice to help your firm to ensure best practice in the recruitment, development, retention and management of staff.
|Publisher:||Law Society Publishing|