Unlocking Legal Learning 4ed
Unlocking Legal Learning will provide you with a firm command of the key legal and academic skills you will need to be successful in studying law. Containing accessible explanations in clear and precise terms that are easy to understand, it provides an excellent foundation for learning and revising.
The information is clearly presented in a logical structure and the following features support learning helping you to advance with confidence:
- Clear learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter set out the skills and knowledge you will need to get to grips with the subject
- Key Facts summaries throughout each chapter allow you to progressively build and consolidate your understanding
- End-of-chapter summaries provide a useful check-list for each topic
- Cases and judgments are highlighted to help you find them and add them to your notes quickly
- Frequent activities and self-test questions are included so you can put your knowledge into practice
- Sample essay questions with annotated answers prepare you for assessment
- Glossary of legal terms clarifies important definitions
This edition has been updated to include a brand new chapter, ‘Beyond the Law Degree’ offering strategies and advice forformal writing, including CVs and cover letters as well as advice on extra-curricular activities that can enhance your employability, such as pro bono and Street Law projects. The fourth edition is also supported by a brand new companion website , packed with interactive activities, video and quizzes to give essential additional practice opportunities and help students enhance their skills across the scope of the book.
The books in the Unlocking the Law Series get straight to the point and offer clear and concise coverage of the law, broken-down into bite-size sections with regular recaps to boost your confidence. They provide complete coverage of both core and popular optional law modules, presented in an innovative, visual format and are supported by a website which offers students a host of additional practice opportunities.
- 1. What Learning Law is All About
- 2. Lectures and Seminars
- 3. Reading
- 4. Explaining Primary and Secondary Sources
- 5. Using Primary and Secondary Sources and Some Other General Tips
- 6. Understanding Legal Skills and Using Legal Reasoning
- 7. Specific Assessment Skills: Essays, Problem Questions, Groupwork and Presentations etc.
- 8. Common Assessment Skills: Time Management, Referencing, Avoiding Plagiarism and Feedback, etc.
- 9. Completing Dissertations or Projects
- 10. Preparing for Examinations: Revision
- 11. Sitting Examinations
- 12. Mooting and Negotiation
- 13. Beyond the Law Degree