Business and Law for the Mariner (2ed)
The purpose of this book is to inform mariners about the law:-
- What law applies to the mariner.
- How it applies to the ship and its cargo.
- How the cargo and the ship are insured.
- What the mariner will need to consider in an emergency.
- What the mariner will need to consider to help protect the owner of the vessel.
- How to employ seamen and what needs are to be provided for their care and their return home.
This updated Second Edition takes in the changes with the most impact on legislation, regulations and case law especially those concerning:-
- The Prevention of Pollution by Ships (MARPOL), designed to further reduce the impact of shipping on the world’s seas.
- The Maritime Labour Convention 2006, intended to provide improved protection and conditions for the world’s seafarers.
This should help mariners in their studies to become masters on the vessels they serve upon, and once masters will also assist them in making the business decisions masters are so often called upon to make.
|Brown, Son & Ferguson Ltd