Probate Practitioner's Handbook (8ed)
TheProbate Practitioner's Handbookis a well-established and popular guide to good practice for solicitors' firms that undertake probate and estate administration work.
This new eighth edition has been comprehensively updated by leading experts to take account of developments such as:-
- client care and costs including identifying your client when dealing with the administration of estates and avoiding conflicts of interests
- the requirements of the 4th anti-money laundering directive and the new trusts register
- Probate disputes and Inheritance Act claims including the implications of the Supreme Court decision in Ilott v The Blue Cross
- Inheritance tax including the new Guardianship (Missing Persons) Act 2017 and the procedure for declarations of death under the Presumption of Death Act 2013
- how to deal with mistakes.
New chapters have been written to cover:
- The obligations of personal representatives in relation to digital assets
- Foreign assets, domicile and residence issues.
Features such as checklists, precedents, case commentaries and examples enhance the book's usefulness to practitioners.
|Publisher:||Law Society Publishing|